Unanswered: Error - 3011..Urgent Help Required..

One of db while opening produces following error :

"3011 - Microsoft jet database engine could not find object MSysDB. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name correctly and the path name correctly."

I believe it corrupted. How could I recover it ?

Any idea ?

With kind regards,
    Ashfaque

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfaque
    One of db while opening produces following error :

"3011 - Microsoft jet database engine could not find object MSysDB. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name correctly and the path name correctly."

I believe it corrupted. How could I recover it ?

Any idea ?

With kind regards,
    Ashfaque
    Try TOOLS/DATABASE UTILITIES/ COMPACT-REPAIR

BUD

Thanks Bud,

The db is unable to open and hence it gives the above msg and closes immediately. Even I can't get in pressing shift key.

Regards,

Ashfaque

Try this guide:

Access Database Repair Guide

Particularly the section about JetComp.exe

If you need it repaired fast and ensuring you don't lose any data, then you can try this service (- not a free service, but you do get a free report):
    http://www.everythingaccess.com/acce...baserepair.htm

HTH
    Last edited by waynephillips; 12-05-05 at 07:10.

Thanks Phillips..

I think it would fine to get recover the db from the site paying small amount rather than to purchase a complete software.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    Ashfaque

Thanks Phillips..

I think it would be fine to get recover the db from the site paying small amount rather than to purchase a complete software. Bcz the situation occures very often.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    Ashfaque

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfaque
    Thanks Phillips..

I think it would be fine to get recover the db from the site paying small amount rather than to purchase a complete software. Bcz the situation occures very often.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    Ashfaque
    Hi again,

If this is happening often, maybe you should save all your db's then re-install Access. Sounds like something is really going wrong with the program itself. Just a small thought.

Bud

Quote Originally Posted by Bud
    Hi again,

If this is happening often, maybe you should save all your db's then re-install Access. Sounds like something is really going wrong with the program itself. Just a small thought.

Bud
    Actually, corruption is very rarely to do with the installation of Access itself.
    (However, making sure you have the latest updates is important)

Far more commonly the corruption is caused by bad user design or by known bugs in Access. The guide I gave a link to gives you a list of the most common reasons for corruption and tips to try to prevent them.
    Last edited by waynephillips; 12-06-05 at 04:10.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by waynephillips
    Actually, corruption is very rarely to do with the installation of Access itself.
    (However, making sure you have the latest updates is important)

Far more commonly the corruption is caused by bad user design or by known bugs in Access. The guide I gave a link to gives you a list of the most common reasons for corruption and tips to try to prevent them.
    Rarely indeed, but what happened in my case was I just deleted that installation and re-installed it and the problem was gone. Something more than likely got in from an outside bug or something. Just something that happened in my case that worked.

have a nice one,
    BUD

In this case you're right bud. I've had that problem and it can sometimes be resolved by reinstalling Access. There is little help for this on the Microsoft site, and what I found there didn't help me at all (hopefully that has changed).

This is one time when repairing the database is no help. If possible import all the objects into a new database and use that instead.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryker
    In this case you're right bud. I've had that problem and it can sometimes be resolved by reinstalling Access. There is little help for this on the Microsoft site, and what I found there didn't help me at all (hopefully that has changed).

This is one time when repairing the database is no help. If possible import all the objects into a new database and use that instead.

:-)
    If a reinstall of Access solved continual corruption issues, it was more than likely you had a mis-match of Jet version files (which was probably caused by installing software that overwrote system files incorrectly). Installing the latest version of Jet would most probably have solved it, rather than a re-install of Access.

However, if Access is crashing (on several dbs) and thus causing corruption, then a reinstall of Access would be recommended.