Thread: email

Unanswered: email

How do u link a textbox which contains an email adress (u can add a new one if u want) to the standard emailprogram (outlook in this case).

I want the user of the database to be able to click the mailadress and it should open up an email editor with that addy as the reciever.

Provided Answers: 1
    Have a look at the sendobject method.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

I only want it to be an empty message, I'm an access newbie so I could use a crashcourse I guess.
    Last edited by ionizer; 12-05-05 at 12:00.

Here is the crash course....

Lesson 1:
    Start by reading the MS Access help system regarding the SendObject method as Teddy suggested. Take special note of any examples that may be there,

Environment:
    Self Taught In ALL Environments.....And It Shows!

Ok so basically I need to make a macro.

How do I make it possible for the user to input an emailadress in a form and then be able to click on it to send a mail to that adress.

As far as I can see the sendobject method does'nt do that it only sends a message to a preset emailadress which is'nt what I need to do.

Thanks for all the help and I'm sorry if I seem abit daft, I'm a newbie afterall.

Provided Answers: 1
    Time for a crash course in vba...
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Quote Originally Posted by ionizer
    Ok so basically I need to make a macro.

How do I make it possible for the user to input an emailadress in a form and then be able to click on it to send a mail to that adress.

As far as I can see the sendobject method does'nt do that it only sends a message to a preset emailadress which is'nt what I need to do.

Thanks for all the help and I'm sorry if I seem abit daft, I'm a newbie afterall.
    Yes, you should be able to do the job with a macro. I'm pretty sure you can put a form reference in the TO box of the Sendobject attributes. Then when the macro runs it will look at the value in the form.

Do a search on referencing controls which will explain the format.

As Teddy says, vba is another way achieving the same. vba is programming which obviously takes time to learn but is more powerful, controlable and far more rewarding. If you've got the time to invest then skip macros and get your head into VBA.

hth
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by howey
    Yes, you should be able to do the job with a macro. I'm pretty sure you can put a form reference in the TO box of the Sendobject attributes. Then when the macro runs it will look at the value in the form.

Do a search on referencing controls which will explain the format.

As Teddy says, vba is another way achieving the same. vba is programming which obviously takes time to learn but is more powerful, controlable and far more rewarding. If you've got the time to invest then skip macros and get your head into VBA.

hth
    Chris
    Might be a good idea since I've done a fair bit of c++ programming.

I'll have a look at the macro-thingy first since I need to get it done pretty fast.

Thanks for the help guys!
    The Man
    The Myth
    The Legend