Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    94

    Red face Unanswered: Recordset Field Limit ???

    Hey Everyone,

    I have what seems to be a unique problem. I'm making a website that pulls its content from ntext fields within SQL Server 2000.

    Now heres my problem, when I pull the data into the page it cuts off the text from the field at a certain spot. I pulled the data into a variable and did some tests on it, if I run length on it I get 1023 and also if I run length on just the recordset field I also get 1023. But if I check the SIZE of the recordset I get a return of 2046. I have had this problem before with an Access database as well but it seems as if the amount of characters that it cut off at with the access database was in the 200's. I've self taught myself ASP so this could very easily be something I have missed. Same for both Access and SQL Server.
    Last edited by ImageMage; 12-05-05 at 10:44.
    ImageMage

    Access 2003, Dreamweaver MX 2k4, and everything else work piles on me

    Aspiring NEWB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,618
    How are you trying to get at the data in the ntext field?? Are you using ReadChunk (think that is the function/method name).

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    94
    I was using response.write however I think I found my problem, I was working with the data across a remote connection. And copy & paste over a remote connection appears to be limited to the amount you can cut & paste. So my cut off problem resorted from not copying the whole thing into the data field. So given that I figured out that it wasn't an ASP problem or a SQL Server problem.
    ImageMage

    Access 2003, Dreamweaver MX 2k4, and everything else work piles on me

    Aspiring NEWB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •