Unanswered: Using Xtended stored procedure;

Hi All,

I have a DLL Crypt.dll created with Delphi code. This DLL contains 2 functions Encrypt and Decrypt used for encrypting and decrypting the user passwords respectively. This works fine in the application level.

I need to call this DLL in a Extended Stored Procedure and use this in the backend for the same purpose mentioned above.

My questions are ,

1 . How do I create a Xtended stored procedure with the Crypt.dll
    2 . How do I use the functions Encrypt and Decrypt inside the xtended procedure.

Thanks in advance,

Hari Haran Arulmozhi

Instead of an Extended Stored procedure, you might also looking into using the sp_OACreate and associated methods.

Have you hugged your backup today?

A DLL that contains extended stored procedure functions acts as an extension to Microsoft® SQL Server™. To install the DLL, copy the file to the directory containing the standard SQL Server DLL files (C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Mssql\Binn by default).

To add each extended stored procedure function in an extended stored procedure DLL, a SQL Server system administrator must run the sp_addextendedproc system stored procedure, specifying the name of the function and the name of the DLL in which that function resides. For example, this command registers the function xp_hello, located in xp_hello.dll, as a SQL Server extended stored procedure:

sp_addextendedproc 'xp_hello', 'xp_hello.dll'

It is not necessary to stop and restart SQL Server. This is in a sample only available if you select Dev Tools during setup.