Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Unknown problem

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    58

    Unanswered: Unknown problem

    I have an old database that worked perfectly fine however I had to modify it as there has been a slight change to the data that is being imported. The problem is after I made the changes the new database did not work as it should. I have created two stripped down versions of the databases and have attached them to this post. Could someone compare the two databases and let me know where I am going wrong. Both the databases automatically open a form, from this form select Art&Design from the Subjects combo box to see the problem. As shown in 'working.mdb' after selecting a subject a subform should appear and allow you to select different names which change the grades listed, and also let you type in a comment.

    Thanks for any help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,487
    Real quick...I would say the problem is located within the Subj_Art&Design_qry Query. Check your query. Make sure all is proper.

    .
    Environment:
    Self Taught In ALL Environments.....And It Shows!


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    58
    From what I can tell there isn't a problem with Subj_Art&Design_qry. Both queries are joined exactly the same way, the only differences are a few changed column names and 1 column that has been removed. The underlying tables have similar data type layouts so I don't think the problem is due to incompatible data.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    58
    Any ideas?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    23
    In your non working database the table named Subj_Art&Design_tbl , you need a record with SubjStuRecID = 0, after that it seemed to work ok.

    Jim

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    58
    I have just tried adding a record with SubjStuRecId as 0. This worked in that it brought up the subform when Art&Design is selected, however when you change the surname combo box the subform disappears again. This way it would only work if I entered the SubjStuRecID's for every name. This was not necessary in the working database which automatically put the correct number in the SubjStuRecID field when the relevant name was selected on the mainreport form.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •