Unanswered: Check Boxes Won't Print

I have a database with fields with yes/no format. In the report that I created, the check boxes appear as I would like for them to in the print preview, but when I print them, the check boxes do not print. I am printing to a HP Deskjet 6122. Any ideas on what could be causing the problem? Thanks.

Provided Answers: 1
    What happens exactly? Is it simply blank where the checkbox is supposed to be? Is it a parameter report or something similar where the parameter form is closed before print is actually called? Is it a margin error?

could be a few things...
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Sometimes, VBA code in the OnFormat event of a section of the report doesn't get performed when printing to a printer. Almost always, a report's VBA code should be uniformly in the OnPrint event of any section. If you have OnFormat code, try transferring it to the same section's OnPrint event.

HTH,

Sam

Teddy, it is blank where the checkbox is supposed to be. It isn't a margin error because it is in between other fields, which print ok. I'm not sure what a parameter report is, but all other aspects of the report work fine.

Sam, I didn't see either OnFormat or OnPrint event fields in the properties for the report, so I'm not sure how to go about this.

Provided Answers: 1
    You say YOU created this report... is that true? How did you do it? What process did you use?

Check to see if "hide duplicates" is true. Do you see a checkbox on the first line but not any others?

Also look at the "events" for the report in general, see if there is anything present like Sam was mentioning...

I suppose you could try printing it to a different printer too, just for kicks...
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Provided Answers: 59
    wonder if its something to do witht the pritner driver itself, possibly how graphics or colours are rendered? shouldn't be seeing as the preview is working OK.

some pritners drivers can render reports ina very odd manner, dropping certain features / elements of reports,. I've seen it with lasers but also some inkjets.