Angry Unanswered: Simple but I forgot

I have been working on a new db and it has been about 2 years since I built one so I forgot how to do some things.

I am using access 2k pro. and I need to apply some filters to the reports.

example I have 4 people working in 4 different departments and they all enter data in the db, I need to be able to pull data based on the site they work on a specific date. and also pull data based on the department they worked. I would like to have it where I can get 1 day on 1 report and a date range for the same report.

please someone help jog my memory. Thanks

Criteria for a Query

I would create one query that allows you to enter the department and date range you want. For example, if you have a field called "Dept", type "[What Dept?]" in the Criteria section of the query for that field. This way, when you run the query, it will prompt you with that question which will allow you to enter a specific department.

For the date field, I would enter a criteria that says "Between [Begin Date?] And [Start Date?]". You will be prompted twice to enter a date. If you want just one day, enter the same day in both fields.

There may be a better way to do this but this is how I've done it.

Good Luck

Question another thing I would like to do

Thanks for the info, I was able to get it to do what I like, but now I have another small hick-up.

I have 4 departments that cover over 56 locations. I would like to be able to have the parameters query box change to a drop down menu of the locations and departments that are listed in a table. I have tried to edit the field properties and change it to a combo box, or a list box in the query designe mode, but didn't work. any suggestions

The reason for this is to allow any user (over 75 ATM) to select the department and location without having to know everyone completly. For instance if one location is Magnolia and the other is Magnolia North, I want the user to be able to see both choices, and be able to select either one.

The other part is the vehicles we track, I have it set up to display a report based on the status of the vehicle, there are 5 different status' (New, repaired, checked, In Maintenance, and Pending) I want the report to be able to dispaly all but the repaired issues, or any combination of the 5 choices. But I have no Idea how to do this.

Thanks for the helping hand.

Saileast