Unanswered: Wizards can't detect fields of tables/queries

Hello,

I'm having a serious problem with all the wizards in MS Access 2003.

No matter what wizard I use, I do not see any of the filelds of any of the queries or tables my database has (no matter what table or query I choose, I still get nothing under "available fields")

This happens on every database I try to create. To prove that there's nothing wrong with the database - I've attached a screenshot of the problem as seen using the Forms Wizard on the Northwind sample database.

I have another computer, on which the form wizard works perfectly well.

I think it might be an odbc or some other database drivers problem...
    Tried to re-install office 3 times already, but with no luck.

Please Help!
    thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails access_problem.JPG  

tried installing the latest MDAC from microsoft download? I dont think the latest MDAC ocmes with Office.
    IT squid: networks, servers, firewalls, routers and I dabble a little with SQL-server and Access as well....

I have MDAC 2.8 SP1 on WinXP SP2 installed. I even validated it using the MDAC Component check utility that can be downloaded from microsoft's site...

I think the problem IS with the mdac, but I can't figure whats wrong.

Additional Info: now when I try to run the form wizard and then press Cancel I get: "Invalid Procedure Call or Arguments".

any ideas???

*bump*
    any ideas?

I can almost guarantee that this is not the answer you want to hear, but I recently had a similar problem with one of my users. The database I created would not work with even simple format commands, but it worked for the other 50 people who use the DB just fine. After repairing Access and then uninstalling/reinstalling, it would still not work.

I finally had to reimage their machine, and once that was done, it worked just fine again.

Hope you find a more likeable answer!

Ben

You should try re-installing/upgrading Jet to Service Pack 8. (MDAC hasn't included Jet since MDAC v2.6)

Get it from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=239114

I'm sure I've heard of someone with this problem before, but I can't remember the remedy... try the Jet update first.

Wayne Phillips
    http://www.everythingaccess.com

Ben - Thanks for your reply, but It's not realistic as i'm using it on my personal computer at home and don't have images... Format is out of the question (-;

Wayne - Thanks for your reply. I tried the following:
    I tried to install Jet service pack 8, But I was told my computer uses a newer version. Then I realised there's a newer release, something about a Security problem that was fixed (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms04-014.mspx) so I downloaded it but again I was told it's older than the one I have. Searched for a later version to download but found none.

Any Ideas??