Thread: tablespace

Unanswered: tablespace

Platform: DB2 8.1.5 on Aix 5.2 with DPF setup.

I am runing a DB2 DPF setup for performance benchmark. Primary server has four disks and secondary disks have 2 disks. Out of these, one disk from either servers are used up for O/s and other software related stuff. So, I am left with three data disks in primary and one data disk in secondary server. I have the following tablespaces and I need to split them in the above mentioned data disks for optimum performance.

tbs1
    tbs1_indx
    tbs2
    tbs2_indx
    tbs3_long
    tbs4_4k,
    tbs5_8K,
    tbs6_16k,
    tbs7_indx,
    tmptbs8_4k,
    tmptbs9_8k,
    tmptbs10_16k and logspace

Appreciate your inputs. thanks in advance.

highly depends on workload, the ideal situation is split the I/O operations evenly across all disks for best performance.
    IBM Certified DBA for DB2 UDB
    IBM Certified Database Developer for DB2 UDB
    DB2 Tech Support, IBM Toronto Software Lab

Agreed. The issue here is that I have a database partition feature (DPF) setup on a varied data disks (three in primary and one in secondary server) across two servers!! Hence the question.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_suresh20
    Agreed. The issue here is that I have a database partition feature (DPF) setup on a varied data disks (three in primary and one in secondary server) across two servers!! Hence the question.
    Check this out at
    http://www.db2mag.com/db_area/archiv.../q2/snow.shtml

HTH.

ggnanaraj - thanks for that .. but re-read my post. I am aware of DPF setup/functionality however, I am confronted with limited hardware resource [data disks] to take care of too many tablespaces that are frequently accessed...