Unanswered: Security - for different user to open

Hi,

Suppose there are 5 computers, there is a drive m:\ which is sharing drive, 5 computers can access the drive m:\.

I made a acc.mdb file in the drive m:\

Then,
    I setup a Security with different username on my computer,

then it automatically creates 2 files: Account.bak, and Secured.mdw

I can open it on my computer, but when I used another person computer to open it.

Then it give out the message:

"You do not have the necessary permission,.........Have your system Administrator or the person who created this object establish the appropriate permission for you"

It does NOT show the prompt.
    It should display the prompt first.

The file is sharing with 5 users. Why they cannot open it?

Thanks.

Provided Answers: 59
    "You do not have the necessary permission,.........Have your system Administrator or the person who created this object establish the appropriate permission for you"
    sounds like access is doing what its expected to do - its telling your users that they don't have adequate security permissions if thye shuld have then its up to the system administrator or the person who created the object (YOU) to fix - how much more explicit could it be - your security is working.

do a google for Access security
    follow the steps on the microsoft site for securing your Access applciation
    hint: its to do with the admin user account / and or default workgroup files
    If you are unable or incapable of using the Help system then try the resources available

if you struggle to get results from google try dogpile.com

you may even be able to find what you want using hte brain damaged search on this forum
    Last edited by healdem; 12-08-05 at 13:40.