Unanswered: Validate a text box

I have a txt box and i do not want it to be empty. Basically the user HAS to enter some kind of information or I do not want the next txt box to be active. I want focus to be on this txt box until the user enters a character.

How do I do this?

Can someone give me example of a code. I'm just getting back into programming. Thanks!

Provided Answers: 59
    not use you can achieve whatyou want using a WIMP system.

you can check if a control on a form has / has not any contenyts by placing some validation code which an be called from what ever form / control events you require. In essene Access provides various events which allow you to hook actions onto.

does this control need to have a value to write a record, or is it a case that if there'e something in that cotnrol then you want other controls to be active?

if the latter
    if len([mycontrol]>0) then
    'insert my code if [mycontrol] has soemthing in
    else
    'insert my code if [mycontrol] has soemthing in
    endif

ou could place a call to that function in the forms on current event (when you navigate through the recordset), the forms before insert event, and [mycontrol](s) on change event

the code you implment could clear out exisitng data if [mycontrol] is null, it probably should enable / disable based on the true false result.
    HTH

Provided Answers: 1
    You can use the OnExit event of the TestBox
    PHP Code:
    Private Sub txt_Box_Exit(Cancel As Integer)
      If 
    txt_Box> ="" or IsNull(txt_BoxThen
        Cancel 
     End 
    If 

Provided Answers: 59
    agree putting that in the on exit event will work, BUT only if the user actually selects that text box.

You proabbly could put a contstraint on the column in the table defintion - not sure....

by all means use the on exit event, I'd also suggest you place the same fucntion call into the forms before update event.