Unanswered: SQL Server Domains/Workgroups

I have a network that has 10 machines-6 of them have sql server registrations. I am able to access all 6 from any machine while they are on the domain. However I also need to take 5 of them off of the domain to a remote site and set up a workgroup. I am able to log in to each sql server from the workgroup login but I am not able to run software on one machine that connects to a sql server registration on another machine in the workgroup. I get a "sql server does not exist or access denied" message. Further, when I open enterprise manager, the other sql servers don't show up and I am unable to add them using the wizard.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Provided Answers: 6
    running sql or NT authentication? have you tried the former?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

I am running on mixed aunthentication and the code that I am trying to access the db from in my software is:
    Code:
        conn.Open "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=VIRA;UID=sa;Pwd=lachlan;Data Source=" & sSource

Wait a minute. Are you the guy who jumped on my back with Tara over at sqlteam a few months ago?

I know your problem, but no help for you.

BTW Howard has not been funny since a couple of years before Jackie left.

ain't retribution a bitch. I am sure Tara can help you out.
    Last edited by Thrasymachus; 12-09-05 at 13:25.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

I have no idea what you are talking about? I have never jumped on anyone's back on these forums about anything. I need them to much to pull something like that. Please be more specific. I would like to protect my reputation as a user of these forums.

Something about me using the forums to pimp myself... I am try to find it but their crappy search page keeps timing out or returning no results.

I would never, ever say anything like that to anyone on these forums. I have too much respect for the people that know enough to answer these types of posts (I am a teacher and I value/respect education). Further, it would be a stupid thing to do if I had any hope of getting help in the future. You have no reason to believe me but once you are able to find the post you are thinking of you will see that it wasn't me. In the meantime, I wouldn't answer a post from someone that attacked me either.