Cool Unanswered: SQL Server 2000 on Windows XP system

Hi,

I was wondering how to install SQL Server 2000 on a windows xp system as I have seen it on one of my friend's PC and I was also able to do it 5 years ago... lol

Just don't remember it. I know it's perfectly compatible with Windows 2000 server and above. I was just looking for a hack on this...

Hope someone can answer.... thanks in advance!

You need to install either MSDE or SQL Server Developer's Edition. No hack is needed.
    MeanOldDBA
    derrickleggett@hotmail.com
    When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.

I believe you would install the Personal Edition of SQL Server. Usually the 2nd cdrom in the SQL Server 2000 box.

Provided Answers: 6
    I believe you will need to tweak the personal firewall in xp.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

You need to install either MSDE or SQL Server Developer's Edition. No hack is needed.
    MeanOldDBA
    derrickleggett@hotmail.com
    When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.