Unanswered: Crystal Report Capabilities

I just had a couple of questions I was hoping somebody could help me out with. I'm not really too familiar with the capabilities of crystal reports, is it just a tool to manipulate extracted data? I was also wondering if it had the capability of displaying a GUI that users can supply values to query. What I'm looking for is the capability to enter for example a start date and an end date supplied by the user to query then return the results in a report. Does anybody know if crystal reports has that capability? If it does have that capability can somebody please explain to me how to create such a query. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Erick

Quote Originally Posted by dsmbwoy
    I just had a couple of questions I was hoping somebody could help me out with. I'm not really too familiar with the capabilities of crystal reports, is it just a tool to manipulate extracted data? I was also wondering if it had the capability of displaying a GUI that users can supply values to query. What I'm looking for is the capability to enter for example a start date and an end date supplied by the user to query then return the results in a report. Does anybody know if crystal reports has that capability? If it does have that capability can somebody please explain to me how to create such a query. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Erick
    1. Yes, Crystal Report generator can do these things you're asking.
    2. It has a wizard like any other report generators that would create an SQL statement by parameters and field selections, even you can create your own formula and running totals..etc.
    Last edited by fredservillon; 12-12-05 at 17:06.