Smile Unanswered: user log in question

Hi Everyone

I am new to website creating and am going along pretty steady with Dreamweaver8, php and mysql.

I have been able to create a log in page for advertisers who wish to sell their goods, they log in with 'username' and 'password'.

I now want to be able to display thier total amount of adverts as soon as they have logged in.
    Example:
    Adverts live = '?'

How do I do this, I think it is with sessions but really need some help on how to set it all up.

Any advice or links would be great!

Thank you

Could you try to explain your problem a little better? What are adverts? Are they a field in a database table? If so, could you post the structure of all the tables involving them? If not, what do they do? etc., etc...

No probs

Basically it is a property website where agents can list their properties for sale.
    I have a table in place for all the fields regarding registration, I also have a log in page where agents will be able to log in to view all their properties.
    They log in using their username and password which then checks against the table.

I want to be able to do it so once they have logged in it will show them how many property adverts they have listed, price etc.

I also have the table created for all fields regarding the property particulars, now im stuck on how to show each agents property listings when they log in.

Thank you

You need to get a join on the tables. In the simplest form you would probably want to do something like
    Code:
    SELECT * 
    FROM Properties p, Agents a
    WHERE p.AgentID = a.AgentID
    AND a.AgentID = currentAgentID
    It's hard to really know without any idea of how your database is structured.