Unanswered: opening word document with database content using ASP

Hello,
    I am building a site with reports in tables etc.
    I have been asked to open the report in a word document rather than a web page, the page is to be presented with a logo on the top, colours etc.
    I know it is possible to open the data in a word document, however formatting it to show a presentable document seems to be more of a problem.

Any idea on how this could be done?

Thanking you,
    Olivier

Quote Originally Posted by oliflorence
    Hello,
    I am building a site with reports in tables etc.
    I have been asked to open the report in a word document rather than a web page, the page is to be presented with a logo on the top, colours etc.
    I know it is possible to open the data in a word document, however formatting it to show a presentable document seems to be more of a problem.

Any idea on how this could be done?

Thanking you,
    Olivier
    IF the data to view is static, you can use a image capturing tool and insert it as image, or
    convert it to PDF file, or attach it for viewers to open as word document. Each one has pros and cons, depending on big is the word document, if you don't want user to modify it, etc..

Perhaps check these out:

Article: Dynamically Writing Office Documents
    http://www.infinetsoftware.com/conte...edocuments.asp
    Response.ContentType = "application/msword"
    Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition", "attachment;filename=receipt.doc"

How to use ASP to generate a Rich Text Format (RTF) document to stream to Microsoft Word
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q270906/
    Uses FSO.
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

Word Toy

Hi - I did something in the past using WordToy, its worked very well, but depends if you wanted to code this by hand or not.......

ASPToys WordToy - WordToy creates Microsoft Word. documents on the fly and does not require Microsoft Word. on the server. WordToy is available as an ActiveX ASP server component (with or without VB6 source code) or as an ASP WebClass giving you, the developer full control for modifications.