Unanswered: Query in subform-multiusers

I have a query in a subform, in which the criteria is set to the value of a text box in my main form. It all works fine at the moment when one user is in. However, I presume that there will be a problem when the database goes multi user, as everyone will be accessing the query. Is there a common way round this so everyone can see the query with the criteria set to whatever the value is of the text box in their own main form? Maybe the query needs to be run by sql code in VB instead? Any suggestions very gratefully received, cheers.

Provided Answers: 59
    shouldn't be a problem- each instance of Access runs i its own space, so whatever is in one users parent form, doesn't affect other users (untl they chaneg data that is)

its quite easy to test - open a second instance of Access and perform the same operation in both instances and see what happens.

cheers for that - I'll run a test tomorrow. Many thanks.

Multi-Users in Access

We have a lot of multi-users. We use MSAccess as a front-end and SQL Server as a back-end. The thing that makes MSAccess run very well though in a multi-user situation is to write your code using unbound forms (i.e. no recordset for the form and write functions to write, retrieve, delete, and update to unbound fields on the forms - also have a "DoUpdate" checkbox on the form which would be marked true when data is updated so it knows to call the update function when the form is closed or a "Save" button is clicked.) This has worked very well for us and is also very fast for the users!

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 12-13-05 at 15:14.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)