Unanswered: Access 2003 Appointment to Outlook Calendar?

I have an Access 2003 database that stores an appointment date along with a short text description of the appointment in a separate field.

EX: 01/05/2006 , 2PM Tune-up
    02/05/2006 ,3PM Rotate tires

I want to be able to create an appointment calendar in Outlook with the appropriate description in the right day of the month. I imagine I will have to create some code on the Access side that will populate the Outlook Calendar, since I am not very good with VBA, I am asking if anyone has done something similar to this.

Thanks

Provided Answers: 59
    if you are not very good with VBA, then now is a good time to start learning...

the help system has some good examples, admiteedly not exactly what you want to do but its there

have a look at the outllok VBA libraries if you can do it in outlook then you can access those methoids and objects in VBA and hence Access itself.

Smile

Thank you, yes, reading up on VBA at this time...
    I did try the MS Access Help first but very limited information on Outlook and especially for what I was looking for.

Provided Answers: 59
    Access has some very good example of OLE using Office products, they may not be specifically for Outlook, but the general principles are there.

the one major gotcha I kep hitting was making sure that you don't have to many instances of the 'other' application, outlook is especially prone at gobbling resources and running mulitple insatnces of itself.