Unanswered: Good asp programing with SQL

Hi all,

If ne one has ne ideas, or links to a good vb resource aimed specificly at good MYSQL/SQL programming practices and optimization it would be much appreciated, so far I have called each column by name and checked and closed all records & trying not to over use trim etc.

but ARG!... I still need more SPEED!!!

Some performance links (although my guess is that you may need a faster Web host):

Speed Tips by Charles Carroll

J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

Hey thnx for the link have been a bit busy ovr the festives (sobering up), but it has been vry handy cheers

Honolulu HI
    are you usign MySQL or MS SQL for the database ?

have you been able to isolate what is the biggest time hogs in your script ?
    put time outputs (write the time to the screen) before and after each SQL statement you run. this will help you see what is taking a long time to run.

are you using the most effecient connection strings ?
    i had a site that was using what i thuoght was a good connection string. it worked on 5 other sites i had...
    but it turned out that the database driver was different on this site and it would cause the connection string to take sometimes up to 45 seconds JUST to get a connection. after that it woudl fly.
    Providing Technology services to non profit orgs, Homeless Shelters, Food Pantries, Clean And Sober Houses and more.
    To date we have given away over 900 free computers !
    caeli enarrant gloriam Dei !