Question A tool to manage data requred

Hi All!

I'm trying to create a system allowing end users manage information about goods in different branches of business. Such goods described with a different fields and also, the number of types of that goods growth from time to time, so that they cannot be stored in a single table.

For example, we have a drugs with their name, producer, package and form of issue, as well as WHO ATC classification. And also have some cosmetics with it's own set of fields, say: name, produces and Word-Cosmetics-Organization classification.
    I'd like to have a tool (like an application over some SQL engine) to manage this entities. The tool should allow a user to add new types of goods, new classifications etc. withowt user have a need to write SQL code itself.

Could you suggest something useful for a situation like this? Are there a known tools for this job exist?

Thanks for your help!

That's all meta-data, it's obnoxious. Basically you're talking about creating tables to define tables. Hit up google with "Metadata Modelling". You should get some good stuff there.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Thanks for your reply. I'll try to search some. But I trying to find a tool that allows end-user to manage both metadata and actual data itself. It shouldn't look like a CASE tool.