Contour Components is happy to announce the official release of the new version 3.0 if its flagship OLAP component ContourCube.
Add Business Intelligence functionality to your applications. ContourCube brings embeddable interactive reporting, data analysis and information delivery technology to Windows and web-based business and statistical solutions. It lets user interact with data: slice and dice, pivot, drill down and roll up with sub-second response times and without additional OLAP server. ContourCube offers rich palette of business-oriented functions, powerful and easy formula language, and a range of new reporting techniques with innovative approach to report distribution.
To allow developers create complex solutions, combining Windows and web applications, and for COM programmers to save money on moving to .NET, ContourCube 3.0 is shipped as a single package, which includes 3 editions:
* ContourCube .NET for Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 and 2005
* ContourCube ActiveX for all ActiveX-enabled environments
* ContourCube VCL for Borland C++ Builder 6.0
ContourCube .NET is new since version 3. Due to the special optimization, the .NET component works fast as the other editions.
ContourCube ActiveX and VCL have been drastically improved. As of version 3.0, Contour Components extensively fills up ContourCube with Business Intelligence experience.
ContourCube 3.0 is the OLAP component for real business solutions. The new version has acquired customer expertise of using Contour Business Intelligence in businesses throughout the world. Its features bring high value to the applications and increase their productivity in corporate reporting and statistics.
What's New in ContourCube 3.0
* VS 2005 enabled .NET edition. In addition to the existing ActiveX and VCL, Visual Studio 2005 enabled .NET edition is now available
* Wrapping long strings. Programmatic control of the report width
* Date arithmetics for sophisticated date-aware business calculations
* Trend functions. Enhanced cumulative and trend calculations.
* Flat appearance for web applications
* XP style look & feel. Support of Windows XP themes.
* Wrapping outside area. Display of outside fields in multiple rows or vertically.
* Dynamic captions. Making cube fields behave as list boxes.
* Clipboard copy. Nice and seamless selection with mouse and keyboard.
* Direct data loading. Universal data feeder interface.
As it was previously announced, customers purchased ContourCube 2.0 beyond August 27, 2005, are eligible for the free upgrade to the new version. Contour Components invites such clients to post upgrade requests to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning their license key and billing name.
Three Levels of Customer Support
As of this release, Contour Components introduces 3-level technical support service. This will allow customers to choose optimal support for their needs, based on the project size, time frame and developer skills. In tour, Contour Components intends to increase the speed and quality of service for highest customer satisfaction.