Unhappy Unanswered: Checkboxes for lookup field

Beginner's question:

I have a field that looks up a value from a table and displays it in a pulldown menu combo-box. I would like the user to be able to select more than one option, and the ctrl-click option doesn't work. Ultimately, I'd like to have a series of checkboxes that use the values from the table in the lookup field, so a user can see and select all appropriate options.

Am I explaining this clearly? If so, is this possible to do?

Provided Answers: 1
    A combo box will not do what you want. You will have to use a listbox. Have a look at the "multiselect" property of listboxes in the help file. There should also be some examples of how to pull out selected items.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

ahh yes... multiselect and listboxes. man it's been a while for me and access... got some books coming in the mail. thanks for the help.

i would prefer to do this with checkboxes though... i want to make this VERY easy for the end-user. don't even want to have to explain the CTRL+Click thing... anyone know if it's possible?

actually you don't even have to ctrl click, just clicking on one doesn't turn off another. that'll work i guess.

now, however, anything i select in the listbox stays selected when i page to a new record... i suspect this has something to do with the tables and their relationships...

Provided Answers: 1
    try requerying the listbox.

me.listbox.requery
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***