Question Unanswered: web application running on access

Hey guys, just found this place and have a massive question.

Im setting up a business and have about 3-4 ppl that i need to be able to use my customer contact system that runs on access, but i also need to give the chance of many ppl using it at the same time. The database is actually one of the templates you get with access xp.

What i need is to be able to export the database design to MySQL and the forms and queries to web pages so i could use a web application the same way as using the actual accesss database, if its not poss to do it like that would it be poss to just host the access file on a windows server using odbc and use html for the forms??

Please help as i need this to work so i can get on with stuff for the business

Editing online-You could let your employees edit the database using a datagrid.

Editing through your network-I've never done this before, but there is a feature that will allow you to share the file with other people.
    Programming/Web Design
    http://eofficeprofessionals.com/forums

Offer solutions-not criticism.

Perhaps this may hopefully give you some ideas:

Web Database Concept
    http://www.bullschmidt.com/concept.asp
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

thanks for the info but its not really what im looking for, is there no way for the forms in an access database to be turned into html or whatever and be able to work on the database like that???

Quote Originally Posted by flamenet
    thanks for the info but its not really what im looking for, is there no way for the forms in an access database to be turned into html or whatever and be able to work on the database like that???
    You are actually wanting to change your database application environment from desktop or client-server to a web-based environment. Unfortunately, it's not that simple because the method of manipulating the data is quite different. In simple terms, In Web-based environment, you have two players, the internet browser and the web sever. The browser formats the informations in the form and sends a stream of QUERY information to the web server and the server process the queries and RESPONSE back to the browser where the browser reformat the information to be displayed. Underneath these processes depending on platform to use are the required knowledge of how to use DNS (Data Source Name), script writing, html, ODBC, ASP, javascript, vbscript, FTP, sql and etc..Knowing HTML alone doesn't get your web site interactive for database.
    Since you indicated of wanting to use the MS Access Database, you need to learn ASP(Active Server Page) methods.

Here's an example of MSAccess database that I used and stored in the webserver..

http://www.servillon.com/autos/index.html
    Last edited by fredservillon; 12-23-05 at 01:29.