Unanswered: Showing all dates regardless of data

My managers are lazy people. We have a time and attendance report that is generated from our ERP system's data that currently shows each day an employee worked, their clock in and clock out times for a selected date range. They want me to change it so it shows dates that the employee did not work as well. I can't seem to figure this out. The table I am getting the info from has a record for each day that the employee was present and clocked in. It does not store a record for days when the employee was not present.

So basically the report currently looks like this:
    Joe
    12/12/05 9am to 4pm
    12/13/05 9am to 3pm
    12/15/05 9am to 4pm

Notice that it doesn't show a blank for the 14th, which was when Joe was absent. Basically they would like a line there that would show 12/14/05 and then blanks for the time in and time out fields.

Any ideas?? I've been pulling my hair out trying to get this there, but I can't seem to make it show all of the days in the range regardless of it that employee was present for that day.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by highline
    My managers are lazy people. We have a time and attendance report that is generated from our ERP system's data that currently shows each day an employee worked, their clock in and clock out times for a selected date range. They want me to change it so it shows dates that the employee did not work as well. I can't seem to figure this out. The table I am getting the info from has a record for each day that the employee was present and clocked in. It does not store a record for days when the employee was not present.

So basically the report currently looks like this:
    Joe
    12/12/05 9am to 4pm
    12/13/05 9am to 3pm
    12/15/05 9am to 4pm

Notice that it doesn't show a blank for the 14th, which was when Joe was absent. Basically they would like a line there that would show 12/14/05 and then blanks for the time in and time out fields.

Any ideas?? I've been pulling my hair out trying to get this there, but I can't seem to make it show all of the days in the range regardless of it that employee was present for that day.
    Create a formula and named it Absent
    Code:
    if {tblWorkOrders.DateCreated} - Previous({tblWorkOrders.DateCreated})  <> 1 then
    Previous({tblWorkOrders.DateCreated}) + 1
    Create another formula and call it TotalDaysAbsent
    Code:
    {tblWorkOrders.DateCreated} - Previous({tblWorkOrders.DateCreated})
    Put your datefield in Detail B section
    put the two fomulas created above on Detail A section

Concat the two formulas into one text
    like "Absent On = {Absent} : "Total Days absent= {TotalDaysAbsent}

Play with the format as you wish. You get the idea!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Absent.bmp  
    Last edited by fredservillon; 12-22-05 at 17:33.