Unanswered: printing current form/passing parameters to a report

Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be a good way to pass a value to a printing report from a print report button on a form so that it only prints the current data being viewed? If there is a way to pass a variable to the report from the form then I already have it set up to do everything I need.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcyborg
    Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be a good way to pass a value to a printing report from a print report button on a form so that it only prints the current data being viewed? If there is a way to pass a variable to the report from the form then I already have it set up to do everything I need.

Thanks
    Can you be more specific?

Report - passing parameters

Take a look at the attached file. Maybe it might have something useful you can use. It uses the form: ReportForm where it gets the parameters to pass to the report.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Provided Answers: 59
    its possible to send parameters to the report as part of the reports open command. have a look in the helpfile of the openreport method. You could use this for a relatively simple series of filters.

there are other techinques that allow you to pull a parameter from elsewhere. I use it a lot for date banding, I uses a common form to set 'to' & 'from' dates, another form to select departments and carry thise values in the menu as discrete textboxes. I normally put in a default value in each container first.

Queries, reports and forms can then use those values as required.

to pull a value form the menu you use soemthing like
    =forms!<myformname>!<mytextboxvalue>

the net result is a consistent way of handling a series of filters or limits. the only downside is the form containing the parameters has to stay open whilst the other form / report / query / runs.

HTH