Unhappy Unanswered: How do I fix one corrupt record?

I have one corrupt record in a single table in Access 2003 - the related tables are fine. I have the Chinese characters problem. Two users tried to change the same record at the same time.

When I filter for the record, Access finds it. When I click delete, it says "The Search Key was not found in any record". I then tried to delete it via a delete query, and got the same error message.

I read in one of the previous posts that one solution is to compact and repair the database, and the corrupt record will disappear. Is that true? I want to try it, but I have about 30 concurrent users at any given time, and it's a pain to get them all out, only to try something that may not work. I've got them trained with "weekly maintenance" that I do each Friday morning (tomorrow), so I can wait 'til then as long as I don't have to worry about more records corrupting.

Sorry ... C & R is your only option ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

OK, thanks. It's a pain but a relatively easy solution.

Provided Answers: 19
    And while no one has mentioned it yet, you need to modify your db so that two people cannot change a given record at the same time!
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007