Unanswered: Data Selection for Reports

Can anyone please give me an idea of how to select what data I want to view in my reports.
    Currently all the report shows all the data. Is there a way of making a tick box selection form which will then open the report showing just that data?

Use a query,with parameters if needed, as the basis of the report.

The problem herein is that my knowledge of access is limited at the best of times. can you elaborate on how I would go about this please?

Create the query using the query grid. Query>New>Design. Add the table. Choose the fields you want to appear in the report. You can either drag them to the grid, or double click the field name. Choose the field that filters your results. Enter the parameter in the criteria box. You could for instance have a date range. Run the query to make sure it is giving you the correct results. Once that is done. Save and name the query. Go into Reports>New. Choose Reports wizard. Choose your named query from the drop down box. Click OK and Access will create you report. Just a matter of formatting how you want it to look. Incidentally, you could use the SQL as the record source. To do that go back to the grid design. Queries>Design. Click on View on the toolbar and choose SQL view. Copy and paste the Text into the record source of the report. I prefer to use named queries, but that is just my personal preference.

David