Thread: On_tsql_error

Unanswered: On_tsql_error

Hi
    I'm quite new to Sybase.
    I'm using ASE 12.5

1. I want to know is the option ON_TSQL_ERROR applicable for ASE? I tried executing SET ON_TSQL_ERROR 'CONTINUE', it says 'ON_TSQL_ERROR' is not a recognized SET command. Tried SET OPTION ON_TSQL_ERROR 'STOP' as well but no luck.

2. Actually one of stored procedure is returning with an error code -1 i.e. Missing Object. No where I'm able to find what is this "Missing object". None of the available documentation on Sybase talk about this error code any more. Pl let me know what is this error? This error comes intermittently some time in the loop. Just to debug I wanted to trap the error using ON_TSQL_ERROR.

Thanks lots.
    Sharat

1. No. It is an ASA option not available in ASE.

2. You should use @@error instead to debug your proc in ASE.

Thanks Willy

So I've to look for some other way to debug it, but what about Status code "-1: Missing Object"?
    @@ERROR wont help me inside but outside the procedure it tells me that -5702 ocurred where as the documentation suggest that this comes along with 813 and 8211. And that was the reason I wanted to perform step by step error checking.

Thanks again, and would be great if you can help me on -1: Missing Object.
    Sharat

Please look at the server's error log. I suspect that you will find a stack trace. If you do you may have hit a Sybase bug, in which case you should open a tech support case.

Michael

Yes Michael
    You are right, there's a stack trace, shall open a case.
    Thanks lots to confirm that it may be a sybase issue.
    Sharat