Unanswered: Pivot Table Data Items

Is there a way for the data in the "Drop Data Items Here" section of a Pivot Table to not be grouped or summed? I just want all the data, not a count or sum.

After you drag your desired row field(s) and Data Fields to the Table Grid, right click on the field header and select "Field Options..." Change from 'Auto' option to 'None'

For Row Totals and Grand Totals Right-click the Row Total Header and select "Table Options..." then you can uncheck Grand Totals. Optionally you can select the Table Options... Menu from the Pivot Table Toolbar drop menu.
    ~

Bill

I only have "Field Settings" and this doesn't work on the data field, only on the column fields.

I think by Default the Pivot table at a minimum will have two columns. Column Name and Total column. You can remove the Sub Totals and Grand Totals but you will still have a column with the count of your data. You can always hide the totals column if you do not want to see the count. Maybe if you post an example, screen shot or attached file to show your problem?
    ~

Bill

Actually, it does not need Total Column. On the Pivottable toolbar choose Pivot table, then Table Options. There are three options in the upper left, one for column, the other for Rows, and one for Grand Totals. Uncheck all three.
    old, slow, and confused
    but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3/28/2008)

How to ask a question on forums

Shades, I checked this and see 'Grand totals for columns' and 'Grand totals for rows' on the Table Options settings. This allows selections for showing Grand Totals for the Table but does not disable count or sum of each row item. This was in Excel 2000, and 2003.

If you have a Pivot with only row data, deselecting Grand totals for rows has no effect. Conversely a Pivot with only Columnar data will not be effect by unchecking Grand Totals for Columns.

For data analysis purposes there's little need for data without a count or product of your key fields. It is useful for showing or obtaining a unique list of values.
    ~

Bill

Howdy, Bill. I think I misunderstood the issue.

Too much time off this week!
    old, slow, and confused

Rich

If the need is for listing of unique values, it seems that Advanced Filter would be a better tool.
    old, slow, and confused

Rich