Celesta Smartforms 2

Hi,

I have an company Smartphone with a celesta smartform app.
    This App does not provide a decent overview, so I would like to build one myself. How do I access the database (it seems to be an SQL CE db)
    I do not want any replication setup with a sql server, I just want to be able to read the information in the database.

How to proceed ? Does anyone have any experience with Celesta ?
    There should be a mBuilder app from Celesta, but I could build something in VB.net
    Any information is welcome.

Regards,
    Jos.

mBuilder is definitely the way to go if you've got access to it, since it provides tight integration to any tools you might need. This will also make whatever you do much easier to integrate and support as time goes by.

Depending on how the SmartForms app is written, you might be able to get access via VB.NET, but it will be a lot more work to do, and much more "fragile" as the corporate application evolves. VB.NET would be a distant second choice if you can use mBuilder to get the job done.

-PatP

I was already expecting that the specific mbuilder tool was better than VB.net. But the problem is where do I acquire this mBuilder tool ?

My first suggestion would be your corporate IT department. They almost certainly have access to mBuilder if they are supporting an application written using mBuilder. They'll also probably have a great deal of insight into what they've already done, and what else the company wants to do, both of which could be a huge help to you.

If that isn't practical, then you could probably buy a copy of mBuilder from one of Celesta's resellers, although they're usually difficult to deal with (on products like Celesta) as an individual. My preference is Programmer's Paradise, but any of the major vendors should be fine.

I'd really focus on the corporate IT route. That is by far the easiest/fastest way, and probably the best use of your time.

-PatP