Unanswered: exporting to excel

is it possable to export textbox on a form to a cell in excel

eg. text2 to goto totals!e4

also the letter would change depending on the day e=friday, f=saturday...

Provided Answers: 59
    yes its possible - but it'll be a b!!!ger to set up, ensuring that you handle all posiible eror conditions
    eg file (excel spreadhseet) not found , or locked, or no permissions

I hate to ask but waht are you trying to do? - there may be a 'better' or 'easier' way to meet your user requirement

i ahe done a database to sell tickets for a cinema from one of the reports they fill out an excel workbook which has 10 sheets in it, they only fill in info in two of them. the main one film sheet and shop the other sheets gets all there info from them. the main sheet that everyone looks at is the info sheet which has all the totals in it howmany ticks were sold perday how mush shop perday how mush money the boxoffice made perday and the totals and it has the %s boxoffice spend per head shop spend perhead. what i was hoping that access would be able to fill in the info for me.

here is the excell file i am trying to put data in
    Attached Files Attached Files

Excel export

On your form, if you have a button which exports to an excel file, I would have this button do a make-table query (or execute the query in code) where you can then capture the text box on the form in the query. In this make-table query, you would have a column which is something like: MyTextField: Forms!MyExportForm!TextBoxfield.

You can then export the new table created (or you can possibly just export the query).

You could also put in your logic for:
    "also the letter would change depending on the day e=friday, f=saturday..."
    in the query or code.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

If you anticipate that the Excel spreadsheet will already be open, the quick and dirty way is to copy the data on the clipboard in tab-delimited format. The user can then paste it straight in.

If you're able to create a spreadsheet from scratch, don't forget that for recent (and not so recent) versions of Excel (and Word and Powerpoint) you can write out XML and save it in a file named .xls. To figure out the XML, just make up a file that looks like the one you want, save as XML and open it in Notepad to see what it should look like.