Unhappy Unanswered: How do I Format() for UNDERLINE??

I have a paragraph of text where I want to underline one sentence. I created a text field, which would work fine if I knew the symbol for making the text underlined.

Right now I have this:

=" This is sentence one. " & Format("And this is sentence two. ",">") & "This is sentence three."

What do I put in place of the ">" symbol to underline the second sentence? The > gives all caps, which I'm just using to know my formula works. Access help is NOT helpful here!

Provided Answers: 59
    Sounds like you need to use Teddy's favoured solution to this problem: a RTF control - assuming of course you have such a control on your system and your client computers. If no then you will have to install it, assuming your network trolls allow you.

What's an RTF control??? And no, the trolls won't let me install anything.

As far as I know...you can not do this with the standard TextBox control that comes with Access. Either all text in the box is underlined or none of it is.

You will need to use either the Microsoft Rich TextBox control or some other third party control which contains the selective underline feature.

Environment:
    Self Taught In ALL Environments.....And It Shows!

Unhappy

Well, what I have works to give mixed formatting, but the ">" gives me all caps. There just HAS to be a symbol that'll give underlining!!

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaChow
    There just HAS to be a symbol that'll give underlining!!
    Hi, you must be new here...

Access is somewhat under-developed in certain areas, you're tripping on one as we speak.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Provided Answers: 59
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaChow
    What's an RTF control??? And no, the trolls won't let me install anything.
    RTF is rich text format, some access environments have it, some don't (especially the newer ones I think, or those that have Visual studio &/or studio.NET)

if you dont' have it hten you may be able to fake it using an OLE container using a text editor that supports RTF

failing that you are stuffed with a capital F.

Exclamation Text underline

Lisa,
    Is the one sentence always the same? If it is you can use the conditional formating option.

Code:
    where txtbox1.txt = "blahblahblah" then
              txtbox1.txt.underline
    or something like that!

Access can help you with this if you click on 'Format' - 'Conditional Formating' then change the options.

Hope this helps,

Gene~
    The older I get, the more new stuff I tend to forget, the stuff I don't use any more...now that I remember!

Mail Me

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy
    Hi, you must be new here...

Access is somewhat under-developed in certain areas, you're tripping on one as we speak.
    Hi Teddy and all and hope you all are having a Happy New Year. For this situation can she use something like FontSize to just make the entire sentence BOLD or something instead of underlined to bring attention to it?

BUD

Provided Answers: 1
    FontSize is a property of an entire control as I understand it, you wouldn't be able to change the size of portion of the control, it's all or nothing. We're talking about the definition of RTF here, something that allows in-line formatting. I've gone so far as to put browser objects on a form and populate them with formatted text just to avoid RTF shenanigans.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Unhappy

Thanks, all. Geneweaver, where would I put that code??? For now I'll just YELL with ALL CAPS, but will still be on the quest for underlining.