Angry Unanswered: Export to Access

We have an existing file maker pro database, I would like to export all the data from it and import it into MS Access, is that possible?

Thanks

Should be. See what the compatible formats are that your Access database can import, and export your FileMaker data into a text file using one of those formats. Then import that into your Access database.

export

Thank you, it's helpful

Be careful, I think Access may still have limits on the amount of characters
    you can import into a field. I had major problems moving material from
    FMP to Access a few years ago and ended up having to find all those fields
    where the number of characters in a field exceded 256 and split them
    into even lumps and knit them back together later on. It was a major
    pain to do so and I cannot for the life of me work out why most other
    databases have such difficulties importing fields with large numbers of
    characters.

R

U can use FmPro Migrator.

Yes, there are limits to Access because FileMaker is a much more robust database. Actually, Access is only a front end "access" to real databases and Microsoft's real database backend is MS SQL Server. But you can use Access for lighter duty single user files just fine. I frequently serve up FileMaker via ODBC and you can actually have Access be a front end to data on FileMaker through an ODBC connection, which is always interesting. It is more commonly done with MS SQL Server, but it does work with FileMaker. That way you would have what you want for a User Interface with Access and the bigger power of FileMaker as a server. Of course I think FileMaker has a much better User Interface, but more people seem to know Access. Also, FileMaker is easier to secure. But for exports, you can export to a number of formats. If the tables aren't too big, then an Excel format works fine. Otherwise use DBF, just realizing that field names will be truncated at 8 characters. Tab Delimited is also a favorite that you can export and then import from.