Unanswered: Crystal Report Writer

I am loooking for some help using Crystal Report Writer with Pervasive SQL.

I have a Pervasive SQL V8 database and am currently using Crystal Reports 10. The client side of CR10 works just fine with an ODBC connection to the PSQL database. I have no problem running reports from PSQL.

I have just begun to use the browser-based Crystal Report Writer using the same ODBC connection. I cannot get the database connection established. Has anyone used CRW with Pervasive SQL? I don't know if my problem is with Pervasive or CRW but I do know that it works just fine with MS SQL and Oracle. Any assistance would be appriciated. Thanks!

Provided Answers: 4
    What's the error?
    Where's the data?
    Where's the Web Server?
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Thanks for the reply.

The error is states:"The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect." Sounds simple enough, I know but I have tried everything from CRW10. I currently have an ODBC connection set up on the web server and can get connectivity there. I can run the reports from a Crystal Reports client without issue.

The web server and the database server are not one in the same. They are on the same network, but in different locations.

I have the option to specify a "custom driver". I have tried to use w3odbcci.dll both with and without the directory path. Would this be the correct name for the pervasive ODBC driver? I'm stumped, I can usually figure this stuff out.

Thanks, again,

Provided Answers: 4
    A few questions:
    1. Does the PCC work from the web server to the database server?
    2. If not, what error do you get?
    3. It almost sounds like a permission error. Make sure that the web server user has proper rights to the database server.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.