Unanswered: Question about the FTP Task!

I'm trying to use the FTP task within DTS to transfer a file from an internet site to my network however the task doesn't allow you to specify an alternate directory. Is there a way to specify the directory in the FTP site box? like... 160.55.555.55\DirectoryB ??

Thanks.

justin

Provided Answers: 54
    Put the FTP site (in your case the IP address) in as the site name, then include the path in the file name.

-PatP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ftp.jpg  

thanks for the reply pat.

i'm not sure i understand..i do have the site listed as the ip address but when i go over to the "files" tab it shows me the files in the root directory but it doesn't give me an option to change to another directory.

justin

When I added an FTP task and pointed it to the server, I had a folder name listed in the left pane. When I double-clicked on it, I was able to drill down into the sub folder. Double-clicking again allowed me to drill into the sub folder. At the top of the list (again, in the left pane) was a pair of dots with the attribute set to <DIR>. Double clicking this allowed me to navigate up one level.

One issue I did have was that if the folder was empty, there was no option at the top (no pair of dots) to navigate higher up the food chain.

I would post an image, but my forum-shui must be very weak as I see no button to attach an image.

Regards,

hmscott
    Have you hugged your backup today?