Sr. Director, Software Engineering
Term: Full Time
Location: Ann Arbor Michigan
Comp: Excellent compensation package and excellent benefits
Responsible for directing design collaboration new software product
development and ongoing enhancements. This technical position oversees the
design, development and delivery of software products for the engineering
enterprise. Position directs and communicates the product development plans
internally to the development team and externally to product management and
Advanced degree in software engineering.
Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in managing the direction of
engineering software products.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Advanced verbal and written communication skills and ability to make
presentations to key customers.
· Comprehensive leadership skills and interpersonal skills.
· Manage team of onsite and off shore developers.
· Ensure high quality work is delivered on time and on budget.
· Experience in the design and deployment of client server enterprise
· Knowledge of Java, Oracle, Tomcat, and other related enterprise software
technologies is required.
· Plans the software development direction of to meet the clients and
business needs by directing those involved in specifying the design,
modification, and evaluation of all phases of a specific product or group of
products from product definition through production and release.
· Identifies and evaluates fundamental issues, providing strategy and
direction for the department
· Reviews and plans 3rd party development opportunities to extend and
· Ensures that products shipped meet specifications and quality goals.
· Formulates and executes long term plans for cost/profit control.
· Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and
evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
· Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient
operation of the function.