Question Unanswered: How to limit the size of the LOG folder [Pervasive 2000i SP3]

On WindowsNT4 stations I am running "Pervasive 2000i SP3", problem is these machines are limited to 2gig hard-disks and the room taken by the Transaction Logs (so far I have seen it vary between 60megs up to 500 megs) is causing low diskspace issues.
    All these logs can be found in the "PVSW\Bin\MKDE\LOG" directory...

I did some research and was unable to find any mention of a way to limit the Log Folder size, only how to limit the Transaction Log Size (each file) and the Buffer Log Size (cached logs).
    These do not help me at all....

So, other then blindly deleting the logs every X days/months, is there a way to LIMIT the size of the LOG folder? So, for example, it can never go over 200megs? Or to delete any logs that are older then X days/months?
    Somehow have Pervasive take care of deleting old logs when it reaches the maximum allowed size?

Any help, hints, or suggestions would be much appreciated - otherwise I am just going to write a scheduled script to delete anything older then 7 days (I don't care about logs older then that).
    Thanks,

Provided Answers: 4
    Check your Transaction Log and Transaction Durability settings. If your application isn't using Transaction (like Btrieve operation 1019 or 19), then you can turn those off. That should prevent those logs.
    Another option would be to add a bigger hard drive to the systems and then point the Transaction Log to that new hard drive.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Mirtheil: The second option (getting bigger hdd's) is not possible in my situation, but I am curious about your first suggestion...

Specifically - how do I turn OFF Transaction Durability and Transaction Logging? The only options I have seen are to define the Transaction Log Sizes (max's) and locations, nowhere I have seen any options that allow me to turn OFF the loggings...

Thanks,

Provided Answers: 4
    I was looking in the Control Center. That being said, I'm using V8. So I can't speak for 2000i but it should be similar. In V8, it's in the "Data Integrity" node of the Server Node of the PCC.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.