Thread: Go To Date

Unanswered: Go To Date

Hi guys,

I have a form that displays training course information for a particular day. On this form, at the moment the only way you can navigate to other dates would be using goto record First, previous, next and last...

What I would like to do though is to be able to go to a specific date...
    Something like... go to first record where Date = x

What I don't want to do is filter this information on the form so the form shows only records where the date = x.

is anyone able to help with this?

christyxo

Provided Answers: 59
    anything against filters - it would be the easy solution - you can apply or remove filters easily enough

The forms recordsource can be manipulated programtically, so just iterate through the records untill the required date is found. If the recordset can use the find first methods then its even easier

assuming you have you text box containing a date, add a button called say cmdGoToDate
    when its pressed navigate through the recordset untill it matches the entered date

Nothing against filters but for this purpose I want it to remain showing everything but to just go to the specific record.

I have thought about applying filters to go to the record and then removing the filter at the end of the vb code but I was wondering if there would be an easier and cleaner way of doing this.

Provided Answers: 59
    Well the navigate through the recordset mentioned above is probably your best choice

Going to a date.

Would the docmd.FindRecord XXXX work (or docmd.FindRecord "#" & XXXX & "#")?
    Last edited by pkstormy; 01-10-06 at 14:58.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)