Unanswered: Access database package

I created a database in Access 2000. I have the Office developer package. I tried making a working copy for another computer that doesnt have access, so data could entered from that computer. I have done something wrong.

Provided Answers: 59
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxie
    ....I have done something wrong....
    Are we allowed to know what has / hasn't happened, or what is going wrong.
    Its kinda hard to help if you keep all the gory details to yourself.

Didnt load

database works great on computer it was created on, that has Access but wont open or load to other computer where I want to enter information that does not have Access

so which step have you missed out
    have you created the MDE file
    have you built and deployed your version of runtime, containing the neccesary libraries used in your application?
    what does the docuemntation with your copy of Office Developer say you need to do to make an Access applciaiton work on a PC without Access installed

thats where I lost it

Im still reading. Im lost on runtime creation

you need to build a copy of runtime which provides the functionality of Access. Effectively runtime works in place of Access it has to exist on each PC you propose to use your application on. In most cases you need the one version of runtime, however I have come accross probelms in a mixed environment of W98/NT and more modern OS's.

Hence you need to ensure that all the relevant code libraries exist in the runtime version you build - it can take several iterations to get a 'clean' version.

've always found it a 'good idea' to take copious nots of what you are doing as it can be frustating to get a clean runtime, and when you change libraries it can be a beggar to rebuild a new version of runtime.

HTH

thats what i am trying to do

Cant figure out how to set it up. Maybe my Access is not developer. I have not found the complier

If you have doubts check your office developer contains runtime on the MSDN site - Office Developer XP certainly contains runtime.

I think at some stage runtime was moved form Office Developer to be called somethign else (it may even have been A2003)

Thank you

If all that applies to my developer ..Im set to work some more. Its taken me 3 days to learn this and Im not gonna stop now. Thanks for all your help...hopefully I wont be back pestng you