Unanswered: Informix Query not working

Hi Friends ,

I am very much new to informix. I have been having a weird issue which is -
    We have a informix database server which is being installed on a Win XP desktop machine and we have a Java team of 30 odd people who are connecting to that server for the development.
    Everything is working fine. Whatever queries the Java people code in thier application work fine but this whats happening is

select * from tablename; works fine
    select * from databasename:tablename; works fine
    select * from databasename@servername:tablename; does not work. It seems as if it goes into a loop and never comes back.

There are some applications which we use and which have the queries coded like the third way (These type of queries work fine on the actual production server , but the one which we have for developement , which is a local one, on that it does not work. We really can't change the queries )

So the actual query which I am running is like
    select * from admin@ADMINSERVER:terminal
    where admin is database , ADMINSERVER is the servername and terminal is the table name . This hangs.

We have been stuck on this for a long time now. Researched a lot on this.Since OS is WIN the sqlhost file is present in registry which does not give too much of information.

Someone suggested us to add a DBSERVER ALIASES in the onconfig.servername file. and then try accessing the query using that. which did not work.

Plz let me know about your inputs on the same issue. I hope I have described the issue properly. But if still any information in required Plz let me know about that.

Thanks in Advance.
    Gautam...

You will have to update your sqlhosts entry in the registry

Informix Query not working

Quote Originally Posted by lloydnwo
    You will have to update your sqlhosts entry in the registry
    Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.
    I allready looked into the registry for that sqlhosts file . It looked OK. It does not really have too much to update there.

Can you Plz tell me what exactly should I be looking for in that
    sqlhosts entry in the registry or what exactly I should be updating.

Thanks
    Gautam.............

Hi,

To verify whether the sqlhosts entry for your remote informix server works fine, open the dbaccess, go to Connection, select the remote informix server, it will ask for the userid and password, if it connects, then the sqlhosts entry is working fine, if it doesnt, check for the informix server name, connection, hostname and service.

Bye

Nitin

Informix Query not working

Hi Nitin ,

I am able to connect to the informix server using the dbaccess. So that means sqlhosts entry is working fine. As a said everything seems fine and looks good.

But only when we use the servername in the select query it goes into a loop.

select * from databasename@servername:tablename; does not work. It seems as if it goes into a loop and never comes back.

Any other inputs/suggestions that you might have..............

Hi Gautam,

I suppose you need to check entries of both the servers in .rhosts/hosts.equiv to allow the connections as with your query, no authentication details have been provided in case you havent put entries in these OS files. You can check on that too, and read some documentation on that.

Bye

Nitin