Unanswered: Send To function in Access does not work

Recently, we transferred our database to a new server with Server 2003 loaded. We loaded Access 2002 on the new server as that was version the database was written. We are using Outlook Express to send and receive emails. However, when wanting to send the results of a query or report using the Send To function, it is not available to use. It worked fine on our old server. Does anyone have any ideas as what we might have wrong?

Appeciate any help!
    B&R

Provided Answers: 1
    Do you have email access from that machine to begin with?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Teddy - Thanks for your interest. Yes, we used Outlook Express on our previous server and everything worked fine. We then loaded Outlook Express on the new server and it seems to work sending emails. I am not sure this is what you wanted to know but I will give you a little more info.

Originally they loaded Microsoft Outlook and I said that I needed Outlook Express so they then loaded that. They said there was a problem with both outlook and outlook express being on the server at the same time with the Exchange Server so I said take off Outlook. So they did and now the Send To function still will not work. We think the problem might have something to do with the Exchange Server but we are not professionals!!!

Thanks,
    B&R

Knee-jerk reaction says make ABSOLUTELY SURE you can send regular emails from your new server. When I say this, I mean fire up your email client and try to send a test email, no automation or anything ambitious.

Access can't use sendmail if the system itself can't send mail, sounds like you have a bit of a smoking gun...

Teddy - I opened up Outlook Express and sent an email without an attachment and an email with an attachment. Both worked fine. Do you have any other suggestions that I might need to test?

Again thanks for your time!
    B&R

Wacky. Now try a simple sendobject macro. Send a random query to yourself or what-have-you. Narrow down the possibilities from the function itself to your usage thereof.

Hi - I tried the SendObject function and it will not work. It gives me a warning box that says "You may be in a read-only database or an uncoverted database from an earlier version of Access". The database is not read only but I am wondering about the uncoverted database. We loaded Access 2002 as that was the version the database was written. I go into the server using Remote Desktop and I notice that when the database originally flashes up for a few seconds, it looks a little different. I mentioned this and I was told that Access 2002 was loaded. Could Access have a problem with Small Business 2003? I don't know your expertise but we had a professional company transfer our database to a new server and they cannot figure it out. I understand if this is going out of the realm of my original question. Thanks for all your time, any suggestions are appreciated!!!
    B&R