Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unanswered: Info is not staying in database

Every time I enter new information in the database, it doesnt stay in. I have information in there now. Is there a way to expand the database so that it will except more information. or should I try tweaking some things?

Provided Answers: 59
    you say your problem is that that new infromation is ot staying in the database, however you have provided very little information on what might be occuring so its difficult to identify where you rproblme may lie

is the data being written to the db - what are you using to write the information, what steps have you taken to prove the data has been written to the db at some time.

assuming that it has been written tot eh db, what steps have you taken to identify when it may be being deleted / removed from your DB

are you entering data via forms, if so are you using bound controls in your form(s) or unbound controls.

the first step I'd take would be to put some test data directly into your table(s), then open the form(s) and make sure that data appears in your form(s) as expected. if the test data doesn't appear in the forms then your form design is suspect / incorrect. if it does appear but disspapears then you probably have some code soemwhere whihc is clearing out the tables. search your code for something using "Delete".

HTH

Database information

Thanks for the reply Healdem,

I am entering data via forms and subforms. That data entered past 12/23/05 always gets deleted. all most controls are bound.

I tried inputing information in the form...I then closed the form and viewed the table, the information was not there. and vice versa. I also wanted to say that there is already information there....It just stop excepting additional information on 12/24/2005.

Provided Answers: 1
    Quick question before we tackle this one...

Did you create this database?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

yes I did create the database.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjah
    Thanks for the reply Healdem,

I am entering data via forms and subforms. That data entered past 12/23/05 always gets deleted. all most controls are bound.

I tried inputing information in the form...I then closed the form and viewed the table, the information was not there. and vice versa. I also wanted to say that there is already information there....It just stop excepting additional information on 12/24/2005.
    Does vice versa mean that if you enter data into a table, it gets deleted when the form is opened?

yes, there is already a significant amount of data in the database. Now when I enter new information it is not saved to the database.

Are you sure that the data is being deleted? Do you have a filter applied that you are not aware of?

No,I dont have a filter applied...It is not being deleted its just not retaining any new data

Provided Answers: 1
    Enter a date before 12/23/2005. See if it's retained.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Quote Originally Posted by kingjah
    No,I dont have a filter applied...It is not being deleted its just not retaining any new data
    I guess that I'm confused. You said that if you enter data directly into the tables it is not saved to the database (i.e deleted). Did I misread your post?

Teddy,

I entered the date before 12/23/2005 and it stayed in the database.

Campster,

you are correct it is being deleted. sorry for the confusion

Thanks for all the help as well.

It sounds like you have a delete query running when you open your form.

Delete Query... how do I fix the problrm so that information stays in.

First, we need to know if you are running a delete query. Look at your queries and see if you have any with a big red "X" next to the query name.

Are you using any VBA? If so, do a search through the code for the word "delete".