Unhappy Unanswered: Should i keep revising for SQL 2000 ?

now that they're about to release the SQL 2005 exams in the summer, should i still keep on with the SQL 2000 exams?

I've done 70-228 (did it week before christmas last year) which i have to say was a complete b####, so my next one is 70-229.

should i keep on with it?

also is 70-229 easier than 70-228?

look forward to your views people, in a sticky situation with my job as it is.

Provided Answers: 6
    I have heard they are not retiring the exams as fast as they used too and shops will be using SQL 2k for quite soem time. I would not worry about it so much.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasymachus
    I have heard they are not retiring the exams as fast as they used too and shops will be using SQL 2k for quite soem time. I would not worry about it so much.
    thanks, i've pulled out my "microsoft self-paced training kit" book for exam 70-229 and i'll hopefully sit it sometime in february (took 2-3 weeks solid revision to pass 228).

hopefully it's easier, it's more based on coding which i do every day so here's hoping.

any pointers?

I was ramping up for those tests last year but I got busy, realized a MCDBA I was working with was a paper tiger, I recieved another very significant raise and I have come to the conclusion at the age fo 30 that I do not want to be someone's code monkey for the rest of my life. While it is providing a decent living, I find little fullfillment in it and I am only going to keep doing it until I figure out the next move. I do not yet know what that is going to be. Something involving people perhaps because my customer \ personal \ manipulative skills have always moved me ahead of many of my technical co-workers. Yet I am a misanthrope. Go figure.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

sorry to hear that,

good luck with whatever you choose in the future.

I've always been motivated by writing cool ass-kicking apps, it's just a brilliant rush when you produce something everybody else said was impossible in half the time most others said it could be done, started when i was 16 and have never stopped, it's a 100% love-hate relationship but i like it; must be mental.

My girlfriend tries to understand but usually it's way over her head, but she and me are big kids at heart and she always has a habit of doing something to make me smile.

Looked thru my 70-229 exam book and it doesn't seem as near as difficult as 7-228 so i'll give it my best shot and then some.

All the best and good luck Thrasymachus,

supposedly the database design test is one of the tougher of the Microsoft Exams.

It's just too many long weeks and too many long days and a dissatisfaction with a life lived in cubicles and meeting rooms