Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The Raelian Movement

As far as I know, the Raelian Movement is the only religion that demystifies everything around us. Everything has a rational explanation. For those who never heard of the Raelian Movement here's a brief explanation: All life was created by scientists from another planet, including us. The universe in infinite in time and space. Rael, the last prophet, was given the responsibility by the Elohim (term used by Raelians for those scientists from another planet) to spread the final message to all humanity. To learn more, go to www.rael.org and download a free e-book starting with "Intelligent Design: Message from the Designers".

Umm....where did the "scientists from another planet" come from? Who created them? I am a tad...well....mystified...

Quote Originally Posted by MCrowley
    Umm....where did the "scientists from another planet" come from? Who created them? I am a tad...well....mystified...
    Taken from the Raelian Movement website at the FAQ section

Q. Who Created the Elohim?

A. If we believed in God, we might ask "Who created God". If we believed in evolution and the "Big Bang" we might ask "where did this matter and energy come from that created the big-bang?". For the Elohim, it is the same - they were created by people coming from the sky as were their creators. It's an infinite cycle of life. One day scientists from earth will also go to another planet and populate it.

This and many questions can be answered at the www.rael.org site in the summary section, the FAQ section and by downloading the free e-book "Intelligent Design: Message from the Designers".

Quote Originally Posted by MCrowley
    How can you be mystified? The Raelian Movement demystifies everything around us - have you not been paying attention?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Aaah but have they been, 'Touched by His Noodly Appendage'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaghetti_Monster

The Flying Spaghettin Monster demystifies all!

The Flying Spaghetti Monster created the Raelians in all His Noodly Wisdom.

Ask yourself: WWFSMD?
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

not too start a fight (or maybe to start a fight), any line of thought that claims knowledge of all (these belief systems also tend to believe in the perfection of man), should always be deemed suspect because both are impossible. Eric Voegelin defines this stuff as modern Gnosticism, from the greek Gnosis for knowledge. The advantage of theoretical and traditional Judadism\ Christianity\ Islam over stuff like Communism\Facism\Scientology is that it embraces mans fallen imperfect nature and the fact that we are incapable of knowing existences true nature.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

"any line of thought that claims knowledge of all (these belief systems also tend to believe in the perfection of man), should always be deemed suspect"
    OK, but I'd add that any belief system that attributes the unknown or unexplainable to the existence of mythical or supernatural forces/being(s) should also be suspect.

"...and the fact that we are incapable of knowing existences true nature." Is that a fact? I think it more likely that we are incapable on agreeing on a definition for "existences true nature".
    Regardless, traditional religions are not the only means of recognizing limits on our knowledge. Quantum Physics is coming to the same conclusion. Read "God and the New Physics" by Paul Davies if you really want your mind blown sometime.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

they were created by people coming from the sky as were their creators. It's an infinite cycle of life.
    Any belief system like this is illogical. There has not been enough time for any cycle to be infinite. Nor, will there ever be.

If we cede to you the concept of a repeating cycle of creation of life, at SOME point, life would need to spontaneously arise, in order to start things off.

However, occams razor would logically lead us to believe that, given two unknowable choices, the simplest explanation is likely to be the correct one. And, given the proven existence of complex amino acid precursor molecules in intestallar gas clouds, and given that the earth is constantly being bombarded with this "dust of life", it is highly likely that life originated on earth. Possibly "seeded" with complex molecules from space, or forming in high energy locations on earth. (near lightening strikes, or near undersea vents.) Given a few billion years, the unlikely will occur.

This is certainly a simpler explanation than "Scientists from another planet created life on earth." The "scientists" would then require a logical source. And, an infinite progression of scientists is impossible, given a finite amount of time in which to deal with.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert

Quote Originally Posted by blindman
    Regardless, traditional religions are not the only means of recognizing limits on our knowledge. Quantum Physics is coming to the same conclusion. Read "God and the New Physics" by Paul Davies if you really want your mind blown sometime.
    a friend told me once that in the scientific community, the largest groups of people to convert to Christianity were typically molecular biologists.

basically saying that even in science you get to a point that things no longer make "logical" sense, and that things are simply too complicated to be all an ifinite billion number of accidents to get the complex designs of things we have. when you look under an electron microscope and see all this sh*t working together to do something... and realize there are levels even beyond that, that you cant yet see....

you have to start assuming it was designed.

there are even thoughts now that both creation and evolution are the same.
    God create all the stuff, and let it evolve into what it is. after all... how long is a "day" to a God who is eternal. 7 days... 7 million years... same difference.
    http://www.HawaiianHope.org
    Providing Technology services to non profit orgs, Homeless Shelters, Food Pantries, Clean And Sober Houses and more.
    To date we have given away over 900 free computers !

and why should i believe your friend?

religions always make assumptions on "sources". the source of christianity is the bible. sources never are questioned but always true. neither question the bible, nor your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by kropes2001
    a friend told me once that in the scientific community, the largest groups of people to convert to Christianity were typically molecular biologists.

basically saying that even in science you get to a point that things no longer make "logical" sense, and that things are simply too complicated to be all an ifinite billion number of accidents to get the complex designs of things we have. when you look under an electron microscope and see all this sh*t working together to do something... and realize there are levels even beyond that, that you cant yet see....

you have to start assuming it was designed.

there are even thoughts now that both creation and evolution are the same.
    God create all the stuff, and let it evolve into what it is. after all... how long is a "day" to a God who is eternal. 7 days... 7 million years... same difference.
    I have heard the same - though in regard to physicysts.

The standard counter argument is that of course it is - if it wasn't like this (at whatever layer of complexity) we wouldn't be here to observe it. The underlying complexity is a necessary precursor for life. We are alive. No causal inference can be made.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

I've come to believe religions are like soap powder, if you believe the advertisements (what ever their "good book" is) it will wash your soul clean, especailly when compared to Brand X religion - a plague on all of 'em
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

healdme - you have obviously not been touched by His Noodly Appendage. I shall eat a bowl of spaghetti for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryker
    healdme - you have obviously not been touched by His Noodly Appendage. I shall eat a bowl of spaghetti for you.
    itsafaircopyerhonner

after googling this page http://www.gelfmagazine.com/mt/archi...appendage.html , and reading this para
    Believers of the FSM are normal people, living normal lives. Certain rituals must be followed, however, most of them having to do with pasta and/or pirates. Random acts of piratical expression are encouraged. Flipping off a stranger, for example, would not only be hilarious, but would also go a long way in pleasing Him, bringing you that much closer to FSM heaven, which, among other attractions, features a Beer Volcano.
    I fear I may be a closet pastafarai

A Beer volcano in place of other religions idea of nirvana - of course it would have to be a multifunctional beer volcano - you'd have to let those poor unenlightend ones drink their chilled, tasteless, gassy soda pop along side a decent pint (or gallon).. but thats another rant....
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton