Unanswered: Hide the * Button on Default Navigation Buttons...

Some time ago I saw come code online that showed how to hide the add record "*" button on the default navigation buttons of an Access Form.

Icannot find it forthe life of me. I know I can create custom nav buttons, but I would like to use the default nav buttons in Access,but not show the Add button.

Does anyone know how this is done?

Thanks - AB

Provided Answers: 59
    do you want to inhibit the '*' button or stop users adding records. if the latter set the forms permissions so it can't add
    at design time form | data | allow additions=no

I'm pretty certain you could do it at runtime by something like me.allowadditions=false
    HTH

Not Quite...

Quote Originally Posted by healdem
    do you want to inhibit the '*' button or stop users adding records. if the latter set the forms permissions so it can't add
    at design time form | data | allow additions=no

I'm pretty certain you could do it at runtime by something like me.allowadditions=false
    HTH
    I do want the user to add records, but I will have a command button for that - I want to hide the * button completely in the navigation buttons. As I said, I saw some code on a site awhile back that did it, but cannot find it now that I need it - AB

Provided Answers: 1
    Why swat at flies with a sledgehammer? Create your own navigation buttons instead. It only takes a second, and then you have full control over what's displayed on any given form.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Try This:

Sub ShowNavPane(f As Boolean)

DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True

If Not f Then DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide

End Sub