I have been having problems on the Intranet with dates reverting to US when the server, Access databases, etc are all set to UK
I have now found info on the internet suggesting I set a session variable:
<%Session.LCID = 2057%>
I presume if I set this on the Intranet home page it will act as a session for the entire time the user is the the Intranet rather than having to add this to all the pages where dates are used.
Has anyone had the same problem?
Yeah, I have definately had similar problems. There are a few checks/changes you can do. One of the key ones for me is making sure that the system user for the webserver is using the right regional settings.
I suspect, that if you can set this value on a session level (and I don't know cause I haven't tried it) there should be something else you can set on a application level....
Glad I am not the only one! As all users are UK based I am hoping setting the session variable will cure it. Interestingly up to now when anyone launched the Intranet it initially sets to UK date but can suddenly - at random - revert to US. - this can really cause problems for all the booking systems we run. The user has to log off the intranet and log back on
this is a bit of a guess, but I would imagine that the reason it keeps changing is that updates and service packs are applied to the machine and set the system account back to it's default settings... just a guess of course....