Unanswered: Access 2000 DLL runtime files????

Ok Im back and stuck again. Heres the question:
    I need help registering the dll in the system registry to be able to publish the runtime versions of access projects in Microsoft Developer 2000 version 1.
    Does this mean i must alter registry in my PC. I hope not. Im limited om computer skills(yes you can call me a dummy). When I tried to create my runtime version, I failed and from what I can tell the DLL registry thing is the problem. 2 days of reading the book (whickhI would like to rip to shreds) and checking Microsoft help files which yielded no help for this. I dont have any business in my registry.
    Thanks in advance for any help given

Well heck I thought someone here could help ....................

Let me see if I can explain this. In order to create a program for your users in Access 2000 you need to go to the module window and pretend you are creating a new module. In the menu above you are going to need to select ADDINS, and hopefully you can select the package and deploy option. I don't have 2000 anymore but from here you should be able to create your program for your customer. When the package is created it will create a runtime version of the program which is just a shell of access that allows users to run the program that you built, but does not give them access to things like building forms, querries etc. On another note, you cannot put the packaged files onto a CD but you could zip them and email them to a customer so they could install them. for more information lookup Package and Deploy from your help screen in the design mode of a module. You do not need help with registering any dll's. have you created a program that you need to distribute to other users? Maybe you could describe what you are trying to do in more detail.
    HTH-Suellen

Quote Originally Posted by Minxie
    Ok Im back and stuck again. Heres the question:
    I need help registering the dll in the system registry to be able to publish the runtime versions of access projects in Microsoft Developer 2000 version 1.
    Does this mean i must alter registry in my PC. I hope not. Im limited om computer skills(yes you can call me a dummy). When I tried to create my runtime version, I failed and from what I can tell the DLL registry thing is the problem. 2 days of reading the book (whickhI would like to rip to shreds) and checking Microsoft help files which yielded no help for this. I dont have any business in my registry.
    Thanks in advance for any help given