Unanswered: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [ttcgcshnd-1], [0], [], [], [], [], [], []

hi,

While connecting java applicaton with oracle 9i, I got following error

ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [ttcgcshnd-1], [0], [], [], [], [], [], []

I am using jdbc odbc thin driver.

can you help me to solve it??

Waiting for reply,

Thanks and Regards,
    Hiren

Best to go to metalink, they have various notes on decoding the arguments to identify the issue.

Alan

Provided Answers: 4
    I checked it earlier today, but Metalink was down for maintenance. And yes ... it is up again now. Here's what it says:[quote=Metalink, several documents]
    When using pre-9i Jdbc-Thin to talk to a 9i (or post-9i) database, you will see an ORA-600 exception on almost everything you do. eg: ORA-600 [ttcgcshnd-1 ].

Oracle is checking that the local character set id is valid as part of the process to do character data conversions between different character sets.

This error is raised when the local character set id is found to be invalid.

ORA-600 [ttcgcshnd-1] [a]: Argument [a] is local character set id

Workaround: Set event="10841 trace name context forever" in the init.ora file[quote]Perhaps it'll help ...

I have come across this bug a long time ago, the best solution is to upgrade your jdbc driver to a 9i version or later.

Alan