Unanswered: Accessing COM through PHP

Hi Guys,
    I am doing a projuect which require extensive use of COM components. I have few doubts in this, and one of it is mentioned bellow.
    I want to open Word application in the browser through PHP script. Can anyone suggest which functions can I use for this purpose. I am able to read the word file using the COM class. I tried so many things in that but getting it opened in the browser is not working.
    Any help will be apriciated.

Thank You.
    Regards
    Rajesh
    Freelance and Technology Consultant
    -------------------
    Dreams are for ever
    -------------------

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I've never used the COM class in php before, but...

The objects which are accessed in the php script will reside on the server. Can you send the UI as a web page? I wouldn't think so...? When Word/Acrobat/etc. open up a file within the web browser isn't it due to a plug-in of some sort on the client machine?

To create a word document, check out the first example here.

Yes you are right, The COM component is residing on the server. To access it on the client we need to register the component on the client as well. I want to know if we have the component on the client machine will it be able to get the word interfase on the browser. This application is on a Intranet.

Any help be appriciated.

Regards
    Rajesh
    Freelance and Technology Consultant
    -------------------
    Dreams are for ever
    -------------------

I think you need to specify this in the header. I've done it for pdf files, but don't remember the code off the top of my head. In general, I believe you specify the file type in the header and tell the browser to open the file within itself, then print out the file contents to the screen.

Anyone else?