Unanswered: Oracle 7 with Reports on SCO Unix

Our client is on oracle 7 on SCO Unix. They are using Oracle Reports and Forms which are Pro*C based and installed on SCO 5.0.5. Now they want to move to oracle 9i. My problem is how to use old Oracle Reports and Forms in the .rpt format with oracle9i. Can someone help???? This is very urgent.

Provided Answers: 4
    As far as I know, there's no way to use (actually, load or open) reports written in Report Writer 1.1 (or so) into Report Developer on Oracle 9i. To do so, you would need to migrate old reports into newer version. My experience is such that you would probably finish the job faster if you write new reports instead of trying to (successfully) migrate old ones.

The same goes for Oracle Forms (3.0?) ... however, migrating forms should be easier and less complicated than reports.

Once again - this is my experience, which doesn't mean that the job can not be done. Perhaps someone else will be able to give a better advice, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm afraid you'll end with (almost) completely new (rewritten) application.